Under wireless. Depending on your router model and region in the world, you will have different choices.

From my understanding some of the channels overlap, so moving to an adjacent
channel may not help much. It might be more helpful to move from channel 6, which is usually the default to channel 1 or 2, or to 11, or if you are in a region that allows it, channel 13.

If you have a N capable router, you can change the channel width from 40MHz wide to 20MHz wide.

With a 2.4GHz router, any cordless phones operating in the 2.4GHz range as well as microwave ovens can impede wireless range as well.

Steve
----- Original Message ----- From: "Graham Smith" <g.smith...@rogers.com>
To: "JAWS USERS" <jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Friday, October 15, 2010 7:20 PM
Subject: [JAWS-Users] Linksys Router

Using windows seven and latest 12 beta

We have been experiencing very patchy internet connection lately, just spoken to our ISP and they tell me nothing is wrong and that there is probably a mobile phone or some such thing in the close cacinity causing the problem.

I am tending to believe him because our main pc which is wired direct to the ruter has no problems. He has advised me to alter the channel setting on the router, I am able to get into the router and see all the settings but wondered if anyone could point me in the right direction to alter the channel, I have just taken a quick look and did not see where I could alter it. Is it under wireless, security or where?

Appreciate any help.

Graham