One more thing to add here regarding this dreaded WLM update is the jaws alt plus number row keys no longer announces fields. For example alt+3 says "the ! to field not found" alt+3 says "cc field not found etc etc etc.

-----Original Message----- From: Gena
Sent: Monday, November 29, 2010 4:49 AM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] windows live mail question

?I would like to know this as well.  Read and unread was working perfectly
until I made the fatal mistake of upgrading to the new Windows Live
Essentials.  Now all of my messages neither show as read or unread and this
ribbon crap makes it harder to go back and forth to change settings to hide
read messages or vice versa. It would really be nice to hear the status of
the messages again and not have to jump through hoops to get it to do that,
smiles.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Your friend,
Gena