It was a long time ago, but I had to do a lot of googling to find a driver that would actually work on XP. The cable came with a driver that didn't seem to do crap on an XP box.

Then, it installed it to a simulated com port with a number high enough, I think, that JAWS wouldn't recognize it so I had to go in and convince it to be a com port of a different number.

A USB to serial cable purchased today might have better luck with drivers and such.

--
Blue skies.
Dan Rossi