I had a similar problem a while back. The solution: I eventually realized that I did not only have the hot key set on my desktop, but I also had the hotkey set on my start menu as well under each Jaws version. I don't know if you set hot keys in both places or not, but I thought I would offer that advice anyways as a possibility. Take care ----- Original Message ----- From: "Ann Marie Medlar" <amedl...@gmail.com>
To: "Jaws Users List" <jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Friday, December 17, 2010 8:08 AM
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] JFW assigned Hot keys

Hello,
This is a long post and might be confusing. I have a conflict with hot key alt+control+j meaning it is defined somehwere but I cannot find it.

I have XP pro and latest JFW 12.
Is there a command I can use to list all hot keys on my PC?
I have Jaws 9, 11 and 12 on my PC with each version with a ICon on desktop.
I use alt+control+k for JFW9
alt+control+l for JFW 11
alt+control+m for JFW 12
I type alt+control+j and nothing happens so I conclude that the this key is
not in use.
When I unload JFW and use the above keys they all work.  I confirm each
version by going to jaws window and reading the current line.
I type alt+control+k
go to desktop, Highlight Jfw9, alt+enter for properties, virtualize window:
JAWS 9.0 Properties
ShortcutGeneral Compatibility
JAWS 9.0
Target type: Application
Target location: 9.0
Target: ram Files\Freedom Scientific\JAWS\9.0\jfw.exe"
Start in:
Shortcut key: Ctrl + Alt + K
Run: Normal window
Comment:
Find Target... Change Icon... Advanced...
OK Cancel Apply
end of virtualized window
Then I type alt+control+l, go to desktop, Highlight Jfw11, alt+enter for
properties, virtualize window:
JAWS 11.0 Properties
ShortcutGeneral Compatibility
JAWS 11.0
Target type: Application
Target location: 11.0
Target: am Files\Freedom Scientific\JAWS\11.0\jfw.exe"
Start in:
Shortcut key: Ctrl + Alt + L
Run: Normal window
Comment:
Find Target... Change Icon... Advanced...
OK Cancel Apply
End of virtualized window
I type alt+control+m and follow same procedure:
JAWS 12.0 Properties
ShortcutGeneral Compatibility
JAWS 12.0
Target type: Application
Target location: 12.0
Target: am Files\Freedom Scientific\JAWS\12.0\jfw.exe"
Start in:
Shortcut key: Ctrl + Alt + M
Run: Normal window
Comment:
Find Target... Change Icon... Advanced...
OK Cancel Apply
end of virtualized window
All is fine but I want JFW 12 to be alt+control+j.  I go in and change hot
key from m to j.  I unload Jaws and retype alt+control+j and virtualize
window:
JAWS
Options Utilities Language Help
JAWS Version 12.0.522

All is fine I unload JFW 12 and type alt+control+j and version 12 is
launched.
I restart my PC, Jaws 12 is launched.
I unload J12 and type alt+control+j and it is back to version 11.
Now I will change Jaws hot key for 12 from J to M and then restart and see what happens.
Jaws 12 launched.  I unload and reload and Jaws is 12.
I type alt+control+j and Jaws 11 launches. How can I find where this alt+control+j is defined?
Sorry if post is confusing.
Ann