And if I may be so bold, both you and miss pauline may have a personal bias in favor of the vipconduit chat site as both of you are on staff there. <g>

all of the chat sites listed in my afore-mentioned post are accessible and can be used with jaws (yeah! this may even keep this on topic just a bit! <g>) and on each of these sites, people are helpful and will help newcomers with setting up and configuring the chat client that is used on their site.

I personally hang out on the vip the most, too, but i do not think that this is the time and place to promote one chat site over another.

jaws versions from 11 up (actualy from a later build of jaws 10 up) include scripts for the tc5 chat client as the tc5 software is used by FS themselves for their online training. For earlier versions of jaws, the scripts can be donwoaded from fs's website from

http://www.freedomscientific.com/training/WebConferenceScripts.zip

Additionally, the tc5 client is self-voicing and, if set up to do so, will read text chat mesages, entries and exits, etc. with sapi speech.

Likewise, the vipcommunicator client used on vipconduit and tafn also uses sapi speech. the interface is accessible out of the box to screenraders but the client installer includes an additional cofniguration file for jaws users.

the chatterbox client used by "for the people" is not self-voicing but jaws scritps for the client are available free of chaarge from the for-the-people website.

hth

Doris