What is the sign [symbol] actually called?

----- Original Message ----- From: "Betsy Whitney, Dolphin Press" <braill...@hawaii.rr.com>
To: "jaws users" <jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Monday, January 03, 2011 10:57 PM
Subject: [JAWS-Users] How to get JAWS to treat â?T as an apostrophe

Hi all,
I tried pasting those symbols into the JAWS
pronunciation dictionary and told it to say
nothing when it saw them, and I tried telling
JAWS to treat those symbols as an apostrophe, but
no joy. They seem to occur more and more often
these days. I'm not sure, but I think it has
something to do with things like smart quotes in
Word, and it used to come from my friends who
have Macintosh computers, but now I see it a lot.
As an example, the word can't comes in as canâ?Tt, but not from everyone.
Ideas?
Betsy
Teamwork: Together we achieve the extraordinary.

jaws-users-list-ow...@jaws-users.com

jaws-users-list-ow...@jaws-users.com