From: jaws-users-list-boun...@jaws-users.com
[mailto:jaws-users-list-boun...@jaws-users.com] On Behalf Of Doris and Chris
Sent: Monday, January 17, 2011 12:21 PM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] Q about the K-lite codec pack

you do not have to install Media Player Classic when you install the
Klite Codec Pack. There are severall versions of the pack actually
and you can get one that only contains the Codecs - or you can do a
custom install and not install any player.

You can use any player of your choice on your system. If you do
decide to install Media Player Classic - and it is a good and fairly
accessible player - just make sure you do a custom install and not
have Media Player Classic associate itself with any file types.

Alternatively, you can google for something called the "Vista Codec
Pack" that also comes with a ton of codecs but does not contain any
players. I use the latter.

hth

Doris