Hi Kimsan,

These squares are presumably what the person sees, perhaps visual effects or something due to the interaction of JAWS with the page. Now, there's also JAWSKey+ctrl+f Find if you'd like to use that. Type in what you're searching for. Press ENTER or activate the find button. if it's on the page, it will be found. If it isn't, it won't and you'll get a bong sound back.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Kimsan" <kimsans...@aol.com>
To: <jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Wednesday, January 19, 2011 5:37 PM
Subject: [JAWS-Users] squares in a search box

Hello:

I will try to explain this some how and hope someone will understand.

This is all happening on the internet. I activated the virtual find by
evoking CTRL f. Now I typed in my search but my sighted cohort told me there were some boxes that needed to be deleted from the search field and that is why nothing is coming up for the search. Lets say I am searching for news, but the person says there are some boxes before news and I need to delete them before proceeding. What are these boxes my sighted cohort is talking
about?blank

jaws-users-list-ow...@jaws-users.com

jaws-users-list-ow...@jaws-users.com