Hey listers,

I am dealing with a new Dell PC with Windows 7 Professional 64 bit. First problem I noticed was that Narrator, although loaded, does not speak. Second problem is there was no speech during the installation of JAWS 12 from a DVD. All I heard was the waves sloshing against the beach. Which is nice, but hardly worth the money. Anyway, Jaws is loaded, but no speech. I do have Windows system sounds, and audio CDs and Internet streams play fine. Seems as though it is a text to speech problem, but I'll be danged if I can figure out how to resolve it. As usual, all suggestions and advice are mucho appreciated.

Thanks for reading,
Norma

jaws-users-list-ow...@jaws-users.com