Hi,

I want to share this with everyone on the list that uses Quicken with Jaws 12. It mainly affects split transactions windows and perhaps many of you are not using this feature of Quicken? This problem did not exist in Jaws 11 or earlier versions.

In Jaws 12, the contents of category, memo and amount fields were not spoken while typing the data in the fields. Tabbing through the fields would only say blank. All that was spoken while pressing the say line was the header names. (category memo and amount)

I found the solution for this problem and I thought that everyone should know since it could affect other applications. I had to do the same for Eudora. Here is what I did:

While in Quicken application do the following:

1. press insert+6 in the number row to bring up the Setting center
2. type text in the search field and arrow down to text processing and press enter 3. Right arrow to open the general settings and arrow down to enhanced edit support 4. I found this to be checked. I unchecked it and tab to applied and press enter.
5. Tab to ok and press enter
6. CTRL+S to save the changes and press escape to put you back in Eudora.

Now, The split transaction window works perfectly in Jaws 12 just as it did in Jaws 11.

I hope that this will solve anyone else's problem if they encountered this.

Jaws 11 did not have this problem because the enhanced edit support was unchecked which apparently was the default. I guess that it is checked in Jaws 12 as the default.

I would appreciate if anyone on the list will let me know if the enhanced edit support in Jaws 12 is checked? I am just curious . The same check had to be removed in Eudora application since spell checking and typing the name in the to field (I had to say line to hear the name even though arrowing down subsequent names were spoken)wasn't working right either until I unchecked that field. I am wondering how many other applications may be affected by that field being checked.

Hope this helps. Take care.

Lennie

jaws-users-list-ow...@jaws-users.com