Using format factory is quite simple.
First make sure the format factory window is maximized.
Now you must route jaws to pc and I would start from the top of the window
and then read down  line-by-line.
Since you are wanting to work with an audio file, arrow down until you hear
all to mp3 and then perform a left mouse click.
the spacebar.
Now shift-tab twice into your list of folders and find the file you would
like to convert.
Once you find the audio file that you would like to convert, tab until it
says open button and press enter or spacebar.
After doing this: now tab until you get to the ok button and press enter or
the spacebar.
Lastly, route jaws to pc and read line-by-line until you get to tasks and
perform a left mouse click. In the resultin window there will be a start
converting option and press enter. Now it will begin converting and once its
done, you will hear some sort of sound indicating so but if you are not
sitting by the computer while it converts like I do at times, just route
jaws to pc and read the bottom of the window where it will give you the
time. If the time doesn't change then its finished.
You can find the converted file in your my documents folder in a folder
called FFOutput.
Hope this helps.
Take care.