You need to scan & recognize it. It's an image of text also. You could print it on paper, and then scan it, if results aren't satisfactory. .jpg isn't the easiest file format to convert into proper language.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Larry Stansifer" <lar...@infowest.com>
To: <jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Wednesday, April 13, 2011 10:55 PM
Subject: [JAWS-Users] Microsoft Photo Editor

Hi Folks,

I am using Jaws 10.latest, Windows-XPPro SP3 and Office-XP.

I have received a number of JPG attachments and the sender
has advised me that there is text associated with the
pictures however, by default Jaws does not recognize the
text. What sorts of incantations do I need to perform to
hear the text?

TNX

Larry