Hi.

If your antivirus software scan's every document you're opening, Jaws' loses focus on the document by this pproces. So disable scanning of every file that are beeing opened on the computer, but just program files, it should help.

Hans Pauli.

-----Oprindelig meddelelse----- Fra: Kerryann Ifill
Dato: 18. maj 2011 12:24
Til: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Emne: [JAWS-Users] Problem with word2003

HI list,

A friend of mine is having a challenge with his windows xp system running
jfw11 and word 2003.  Since the weekend, the PC cursor is reporting blank on
every document even though when he switches to the jaws cursor he can see
there is text there.  The computer is working fine in all other areas except
for word.  We've tried maximising parent and child windows, resetting the
zoom in view. Deleting and rebuilding the normal document template, and
checking everything in the configuration manager's cursor options.

We're now to the idea of reinstalling office, but before we did that, I
wanted to see if anyone may have any other suggestions.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Regards

Kerryann