Hi Alan,
As you  have mentioned about the line spacing in word 2007 using jaws
11 is very simple what you have to do  is as follows
1. press Alt key to go to ribbon tool bar
2. now go to home tab option by pressing right or left arrow  by
default home tab is the first option on  the tool bar
3. now press down arrow and u will start  hearing  options and now you
can use right  or left arrows  to navigate
4. now  you will hear paragraph group box in this you will find the
line spacing option  and when you press enter on this option of line
spacing you will get lot of other options like  spacing before
paragraph  or after   and so on
  now you can choose your suitable option and  move on
you can fuind styles menu in home tab itself.
iI beg your pardon if I have explained  anything wrong  or in  an
unclear manner. My intention was to help you .
With Regards
Priyanka Agarwal
India

Cheers,