Just try insert-s, it toggles between say all, none and highlighted.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Joanne" <countrymom...@embarqmail.com>
To: <jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Saturday, July 02, 2011 4:13 PM
Subject: [JAWS-Users] jaws 12/will not stay on highlighted text

I thought I had it set to highlighted text using insert vs., but if I move from window to another it goes back to all. Steve is right, that my text was indeed on all, but now how do I get it to stay on highlighted text only, no matter what application or no matter if I close and then re-open a window or not?

Joanne