Hello Kathy,

I don't have Excel 2007.  I am using Excel 2010.  There might definitely be
some differences between the accessing of header and footer information, but
I thought I would send you steps that work in Excel 2010 and you can check
to see if the process is similar in Excel 2007.  In the following steps, I
get to the dialog box to use by going into sheet options under the page
layout tab of the ribbon.  If I remember correctly, you might need to go
under page layout tab and find the button for launching the page setup
dialog box.  If you bring up the page layout dialog then you can go to the
header/footer tab and follow the steps quite similarly from that point.
After I show the steps used in Excel 2010, I am going to include another
method that might also work in Excel 2007.

First method:

1.  In Excel 2010, use Alt followed by P followed by S followed by O to
bring up the sheet options.  In Excel 2007, you might need to go under page
layout tab and find the button for Page Setup.  Use spacebar on that button.

2.      Use CTRL+tab key until the Header/Footer tab is reached.
3.      If you tab across this page of the dialog box, you will find two
combo boxes from which you can choose a built-in header or footer.  Use up
or down arrow key in those boxes to make your choice.
4.      As you tab in this page of the dialog, you will find buttons for
setting up a customized header or footer.  Press spacebar to use the
appropriate choice.
5.      If you choose the button for creating a customized header, use tab
key across the dialog box that results after using spacebar on the button.
You will find a left, center and right section that can be filled in with
text you want to include or with available field codes in the dialog box.
6.      Fill in the information you want used in the appropriate location.
You can use Alt+L to move into the left section, Alt+R to move into the
right section, and Alt+C to move into the middle section.
7.      With focus in the left, center or right sections, you can use Alt+U
to insert the code for current page, Alt+T to insert the code for pages,
Alt+D to insert a code for the date, Alt+M to insert a code for the time,
Alt+P to insert the path and file name, Alt+E to insert just the file name,
and Alt+A to insert a tab.  You can also press Alt+F to bring up the font
dialog box if you want to change the font or font attributes.  When focus is
in any of the three sections, you can press Alt+I to bring up the Insert
Picture dialog box if you want to insert a picture.
8.      Tab to OK and press enter key to close the header or footer dialog
box and return to the page setup box.
9.      If you want to use a different first page then tab to the checkbox
and check it by using spacebar.  You can tab and make other choices in this
dialog box as well.
10.     Tab to OK and press enter key to complete the process.

Second method:

I think the following will also work in Excel 2007.

1.  Press function key 6 until the status bar is reached.
2.  Use right arrow key across the status bar until the Page Layout button
is found and press spacebar.  This changes the view to page layout.
3.  Press F6 until back in the main part of the worksheet and move focus to
cell A1.
4.  Route JAWS cursor to PC cursor and use up arrow key until you hear JAWS
say something like "click to add header" or "click to add footer."
5.  Press the home key and check to see if focus is on the letter C of the
word "click."  Do a single left mouse button click on that character.
6.  Focus will move to the middle of three sections that a person gets when
creating a custom header through the page layout dialog box.  Read the
current position of the cursor by using Alt+delete, and it should be on
pixel 466 if using Excel 2010 defaults or something similar in Excel 2007.
If you tab and check the position, it should be at 800 and something or
close to that pixel range.  If you shift+tab from the middle position, the
cursor will go to 100 and some pixels.  The point is that there are three
sections, one on the left, one in the middle and one on the right for the
header.
7.  You can type what you want in any of those sections.
8.  The header or footer design tab will also be added to the ribbon.  Use
Alt key and find the design tab.  Use tab key to move to choices on the
lower part of the ribbon for designing the header or footer.  You will have
similar options as those mentioned above, such as starting on a different
page one, adding codes for page number, total pages, etc.
9.  When done working with the three sections of the header, use the escape
key to move back to the main working area of the spreadsheet.
10.  With focus in cell A1, you can route JAWS to PC and use up arrow to
find the information you added as a header.  Put PC cursor back on if you do
that check.
11. If you want to work in normal view, press F6 to move to the status bar,
use right or left arrow key to find the button for the normal view and press
spacebar on it.
12.  Use F6 until back in the spreadsheet.

Take care.

Brian Lee
brianl...@charter.net