ok the big trouble is I don't know and neither do you, the "translation" from menu's to ribbons, but I have some tutorials on windows live mail, so hopefully one of them will give you the information you need.

first is:
for an audio tutorial on using windows live mail!
go too:
www.accessibleworld.org
and look for the presentation by someone named Mr.  Asner.
Its an MP3 file that you can download and listen too.

here is another good one:
http://email.about.com/od/windowsmailtips/Windows_Mail_Tips_Tricks_and_Secrets.htm

ok now this sounds very similar to your troubles and the fix for them:

ok, this is a corrected and headers removed version of a series of Emails concerning the "HOW it reads" and the altering of this in windows live mail, I've put them back in the order they came in instead of the last is first chronology they wind up in to make reading easier for folks.

starting in correct order from first request to end of problem fix, first post:

 hello folks

in windows vista and XP I was able to sort how emails were viewed and read by jaws. my emails are now being read by. the name of the sender first then the date then the time then the subject and then which folder it is in. can I sort this so the subject is being read first then the sender and then the date and time if I want it. or maybe stop the date and time and folder which it is being read from not to be announced. I cant find any options in the view menu to do this. many thanks in advance.

 regards
 Vincent

next:

Hi Vincent,

you can open the Columns dialog from the view menu - I think this allows you to do what you want to do,

David.

next:
hello David

it is saying all the time that columns are unavailable. I thought that was were I done it in vista and XP. but it says unavailable. can you suggest how to activate this.

regards
Vincent

Next:
this is one thing to try:
1. Open the layout dialog on the view menu.
2. Move to the Message list button, and press it using spacebar.
3. When you do this, the button expands and shows some text and controls which Jaws (and probably other screen readers don't automatically read. What's there is the text Show messages using: followed by a group of three radio buttons: Choose view automatically; two-line view; and one-line view. By default it seems to be set to choose view automatically, and on my machine if it's set to that or the one-line view, then I can access the columns dialog. However if it's set to two line view, the the columns dialog is unavailable, and the reading order of subject, date etc is as you've previously described. The easiest was to set an option is to use it's access key: Choose view automatically (alt+u), two-line view (alt+t), one-line view (alt+o). Once you've used an access key jaws reads it, and you can the use up and down arrows to read the other options if you want to. (The other way of accessing the options if to route jaws to cursor, read a word at a time to get to any word in the options, and then route pc to jaws cursor).

best wishes,
David.

ok, hope these help you with that trouble!
you may be able to find a list for the ribbon commands on the microsoft site, I have one, but its for word 2010 and its ribbon, not WLM.

the last thing is there is a program that returns the ribbons to menu like arrangements if you would want to install it, but I'd really try to get used to the ribbons since more and more things are starting to use them!

take care,
inthaneelf

. Moderator, Blind Access Help.
. Owner: Alacorn Computer Enterprises