Launch is also what I occasionally wish to do to my computer when it misbehaves!

-----Original Message-----
From: jaws-users-list-boun...@jaws-users.com
[mailto:jaws-users-list-boun...@jaws-users.com] On Behalf Of David Ferrin
Sent: Wednesday, September 21, 2011 8:12 AM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: [JAWS-Users] daily information

Daily Tip:
Show Calendar In Vista

If you use the Windows Vista calendar, there is a keyboard shortcut that is
convenient and easy to use. To show just the date, press the Windows and the
B keys, and then the left arrow key. To show the full calendar, press the
Windows and the B keys, the left arrow key, and then ENTER.

  Daily Term:
launch

Although you can use the term launch in several different computer-related
contexts, it nearly always refers to starting a process. Starting a piece of
computer software commonly is called launching the software; in this
instance, launch is synonymous with run or execute. For example, most OSes
(operating systems) launch automatically when you turn on your computer.

David Ferrin
http://www.jaws-users.com