Well not how it looks on my computer. In IE all version the control +l or o will both open location for either files or URL. Firefox has both of these keys, but they only do the function made for those keys in firefox. FS has nothing to do with those keys. That is why you have to type the full address in firefox.

At 10:12 PM 9/26/2011, you wrote:
actually you both have missed something, what was done by control O in internet explorer is done by control L in Firefox and the reverse is true as well if you hit control l in I.E. up to version 8 at least, you open an "on the computer file" open dialog box FF just reversed the two commands

take care,
inthane
. Moderator, Blind Access Help.
. Owner: Alacorn Computer Enterprises
www.alacorncomputer.com
. proprietor: Inthane's Grab Bag
http://grabbag.alacorncomputer.com
----- Original Message ----- From: "Desiree Oudinot" <turtlepowe...@gmail.com>
To: <jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Saturday, September 24, 2011 9:10 AM
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] CAPTCHA

Hi,
The open dialog in Firefox threw a curve ball at me too when I first
started using it. That dialog is really only meant for opening files
stored locally on your computer. If you use alt d to go to the address
bar rather than control o, you should have no problems typing in
addresses whether you shorten them or not. HTH.