Well hoping to get a few pointers here or at least headed in
the right direction. As I've been saying, I am migrating
from Office 2000 to 2010 and thus far Have managed to deal
with the ribbons etc in Word & Excel. I have mastered the
basics of those programs to do what typical tasks I do. now
on to Outlook. I got that installed ok last night and when
it first opened I was impressed that it seemed to bring all
my info over automatically from 2000. All my folders,
contacts, settings etc seemed to be there. From that point
on it was all downhill. I kept all default settings to try
to get the hang of the basics. I am using FS JAWS ribbon
feature. I played with it for almost 2 hours and could get
no where. I was able to navigate the folder tree and figured
out how to expand and collapse messages. However I could not
get my mail to come into the inbox or read any messages in
there. From the tree I could tab to what I am assuming is
the message pane. I could use the arrow key to go up and
down to hear who a  message  was from but if I hit enter to
open the message I could not read the contents with standard
JAWS reading keys. I have a lot of mail to deal with during
the day and somehow need to learn some basics before using
this. I finally ended up uninstalling for now and
reinstalling Outlook 2000 until I can be confident I can at
least get mail, read it, adjust some settings to keep mail
on the server, etc. From first impressions it appears to be
a giant learning curve from 2000. Any helpful tips,
tutorials, etc? I am going to look around myself too and see
what is available. Just finding what you want in those
ribbons an overwhelming.

Al