You can get rid of the first program but defender is part of the op and can't be removed.

At 07:16 PM 11/1/2011, you wrote:
Hi all,

Just started working with a Win 7 ASUS laptop, 64-bit, Jaws 12. I wanted to
clean it up some like take the junk off. I wanted to remove Trent Micro
Internet Security and Windows Defender as I am going to put Microsoft
Security Essentials on the machine.
Trent Micro is in the Remove programs list but the machine will not remove
it. Windows Defender is not in the remove programs list and I can't find a
uninstall.exe file. .
Can anyone tell me how to get rid of these two programs?
Another question, do I need Windows Live Essentials?
Thanks for your help,
Marvin