JAWS 9 worked pretty well with PowerPoint 2003.

-----Original Message-----
From: jaws-users-list-boun...@jaws-users.com
[mailto:jaws-users-list-boun...@jaws-users.com] On Behalf Of Maria Campbell
Sent: Wednesday, November 30, 2011 1:22 PM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] JFW 12/13 considerably regressed WRT powerpoint
usage. RE: FWP: POWERPOINT 2007 WITH JAWS-Table of Contents

Oh joy!
I have no idea what this all means, but it doesn't sound promising for me.
I have JAWS 9 and 12 at work. I need to look at training material in
PowerPoint, so I need to know if f5 and the space bar and backspace will
still help me do what I need to do.

Sunny Day
Maria Campbell
lucky1i...@sbcglobal.net

When the power of love is stronger than the love of power, then the world
will know peace.

When at the edge of the unknown, faith provides the wings to fly.

On 11/30/2011 12:39 PM, Dujari, Prateek wrote:
> Guys, JFW 13 and 12 have regressed considerably in their functionality
with power point for 1 single specific reason:
> you can't edit, and create slides in the 'outline' pane any more. All the
prev ATI and other training material suggested strongly creating each slide
and editing it in the outline pane since blind people like us mostly work
with text on a slide. So now we are forced to edit/create slides while in
the slide pane and that remains more tedious, unreliable and slower.

> I've a request out to FS for a while now and they have verified and
acknowledged this problem. But while they say it's on their list of things
to do they have been unable to provide any date at all to fix this. Could be
months, weeks or years as far as that tells me.