Thanks, I was able to read it. Interesting this is what was presented when control, shift O.
Inline Objects
C:\Users\Lori\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\AWVKMV0H\MC900116468[1].wmf 1.58 inches wide by 9.60 inches high OK Text Box: The McHugh Family Christmas Thursday Dec. 22nd Starting at 5:00 Spotts’ House Let’s all gather to celebrate Family, Food and Fun We’ll relax

-----Original Message----- From: Brian Lee
Sent: Friday, December 02, 2011 10:07 AM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] reading docx file

Hello Lenny,

There might be text boxes in your documents.  You can use CTRL+Shift+O to
list your objects.  JAWS should tell you if the objects are text boxes.
Press enter key on one of them.  I have found that JAWS might say that the
object is selected at that point when it isn't really selected.  When you
select the object, you get an additional tab on the ribbon.  You can select
the object by moving the cursor on to where you hear JAWS say "slash" and
using shift+right arrow key.  When the object is selected try putting it in
the text layer by using ALT+Shift+C.  If you hear that the object cannot be
put in the text layer, then make sure the object is selected by moving on to
it with the cursor and using shift+right arrow key.  Press Shift+f10 or the
application key.  Use down arrow to the "edit text" choice and press enter
key.  After doing so, read the current line and use up or down arrow keys to
try to read the text in the text boxes.

Take care.

Brian Lee
brianl...@charter.net