So you now have to use the up and down arrows to set options on the Search Settings page? Even if this is now the case, I still can't activate the Save button, so how do you actually save your preferences? Sorry I wasn't paying attention to your original post about this issue. Why does Google insist on making its web site, Chrome browser and other services so blind unfriendly?

Gerald

----- Original Message ----- From: "Dan Rossi" <d...@andrew.cmu.edu>
To: <jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Tuesday, December 13, 2011 9:50 AM
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] Unable to Select or Change Options On Google Search SettingsPage

Gerald,

I posted about this very issue a couple of days ago. Although it seems that you are not modifying those spiffy new slider bars on the google options page, you actually are. There is just no feedback. On the Instant Predictions slider, home sets it to on, and end sets it to off. On the results per page slider, I don't remember, but using the arrow keys, or page up and down keys changes the value. I confirmed this with the help of my wife's eyes. She let's me borrow them occasionally.

Having said all that, I've been unable to get my settings to stick. I even set my security and privacy settings to off just to make sure that nothing was blocking google from dropping cookies onto my machine. No joy.

What I did find is that I can construct a URL with some of my preferences built into the URL, then bookmark that URL and use it instead of just going to www.google.com

Here is an example of a URL that sets instant to off, auto complete to off, and results per page to 50.

http:www.google.com/?ion=0&complete=0&num=50

If you go to that URL, then bookmark it in your favorites, you can then just go to your bookmarks any time you want to go to google, and you will get a page with no instant, no autocomplete, and 50 results per page set for you.

I haven't figured out some of the other preferences yet, but will work on it when I get more time.

--
Blue skies.
Dan Rossi