From: jaws-users-list-boun...@jaws-users.com
[mailto:jaws-users-list-boun...@jaws-users.com] On Behalf Of David
Sent: 03 January 2012 12:39
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] Microsoft Outlook 2010

Hello there;
 Well in outlook2010,
To use a shortcut to get to the rules,
Alt+h=home tab,
Then press the letter "r" twice,
Now arrow to create rule.
However,
No need to do this, because,
You can create a rule from the inbox, using the applications key, Up arrow
until you hear; Rules sub menu, Right arrow to open.
Here are some steps I wrote for my email list;

Hello list members.
I have made a few changes to the creating a message filter in Microsoft Outlook
2010&2007 Hopefully, you can follow the steps a little easier, and I have
removed a lot of the unnecessary text.

here's how I create a message rule/filter in Microsoft outlook2010.

First I create the folder,
By doing the following;
Ctrl+shift+e=create new folder.
Now type in the name you wish to assign to the folder.
Tab once you will hear;
Folder contains:
Mail and Post Items
This is okay, no need to change,
Now tab again,
You will hear something like;
Tree view, and then inbox, and all of the other folders are listed, So, I arrow
up to personal folders, or, you could press the letter "p"=personal folders,
And then tab to okay, press enter.
So now you're folder is created.
Next we need to assign a rule/filter to the newly created folder, By doing the
following;

1, highlight a message which you wish to create a folder for, Example; One of
the messages from this group.
email-clients-with-screen-read...@yahoogroups.com > 2, press applications key,
up arrow and enter on, Rules sub-menu, Or, you could right arrow to open.
Another way to do this is:
Press applications key, press the letter "s"
And then press the letter "u", which will directly place you into the message
wizard.
Here you will see the following screen;
Always Move Messages From: email-clients-with-screen-read...@yahoogroups.com

Always Move Messages To: email-clients-with-screen-read...@yahoogroups.com >

Create Rule...
Manage Rules & Alerts...
you now need to down arrow and enter on, create rule....
Note, as I indicated, if you use the shortcuts, the letter "s"&"u" no need to
arrow anywhere, since you're in the message rule wizard.
3. you will now see a screen;
Create Rule
When I get e-mail with all of the selected conditions From
email-clients-with-screen-read...@yahoogroups.com >  by default this box is
unchecked you can check this box.

When I get e-mail with all of the selected conditions Subject contains
[email-clients-with-screen-readers] Outlook 2007, this box is unchecked by
default I would leave this box as it is.

When I get e-mail with all of the selected conditions Sent to
email-clients-with-screen-read...@yahoogroups.com >  this box is unchecked by
default you can check this box.
Do the following Display in the New Item Alert window by default this box is
unchecked, you can leave as is.
Do the following:Play a selected sound: this box is unchecked by default, you
can check this box,

Browse...
Move the item to folder:this box is unchecked by default, however you need to
check this box, Folder...press enter here, Now, you can arrow to the particular
folder, Or, you can letter navigate, Then tab okay, press enter.
OK Cancel Advanced Options...
now you need to tab and enter on,
Advanced options...

4. You will see the following screen;

Rules Wizard
Which condition's do you want to check?
Step 1: Select condition's
checked on this computer only
checked from email-clients-with-screen-read...@yahoogroups.com
<mailto:email-clients-with-screen-readers%40yahoogroups.com>  > not checked
with RE: [email-clients-with-screen-readers] Outlook 2007,... in the subject
checked sent to email-clients-with-screen-read...@yahoogroups.com
<mailto:email-clients-with-screen-readers%40yahoogroups.com>  > not checked
with RE: [email-clients-with-screen-readers] Outlook...in the subject or body
not checked through the specified account not checked sent only to me where my
name is in the To box not checked not checked marked as importance not checked
marked as sensitivity not checked flagged for action not checked where my name
is in the Cc box not checked where my name is in the To or Cc box not checked
where my name is not in the To box not checked with specific words in the body
not checked with specific words in the message header not checked with specific
words in the recipient's address not checked with specific words in the
sender's address Step 2: Edit the rule description (click an underlined value)
Apply this rule after the message arrives from
and sent to email-clients-with-screen-read...@yahoogroups.com
<mailto:email-clients-with-screen-readers%40yahoogroups.com>
<mailto:email-clients-with-screen-readers%40yahoogroups.com>
and on this computer only
play Windows Notify.wav
and move it to the email-clients-with-screen-readers folder and stop processing
more rules Cancel < Back Next > Finish

This screen is fine,
Just tab next and press enter.

5. now you will see the following screen; Rules Wizard What do you want to do
with the message?
Step 1: Select action's
checked stop processing more rules
checked play a sound
checked move it to the email-clients-with-screen-readers folder not checked
move a copy to the email-clients-with-screen-readers folder not checked assign
it to the category category not checked delete it not checked permanently
delete it forward it to people or public group not checked not checked forward
it to people or public group as an attachment not checked reply using a
specific template not checked flag message for follow up at this time not
checked clear the Message Flag not checked clear message's categories not
checked mark it as importance not checked print it not checked start
application not checked mark it as read not checked run a script Step 2: Edit
the rule description (click an underlined value) Apply this rule after the
message arrives from email-clients-with-screen-read...@yahoogroups.com
<mailto:email-clients-with-screen-readers%40yahoogroups.com>  > and sent to
email-clients-with-screen-read...@yahoogroups.com
<mailto:email-clients-with-screen-readers%40yahoogroups.com>  > and on this
computer only play Windows Notify.wav and move it to the
email-clients-with-screen-readers folder and stop processing more rules Cancel
< Back Next > Finish Again this screen is okay, just tab next and press enter.

6. the next screen you wil see is;
Rules Wizard
Are there any exceptions?
Step 1: Select exception's (if necessary) not checked except if from people or
public group not checked except if the subject contains specific words not
checked except through the specified account not checked except if sent only to
me not checked except where my name is in the To box not checked except if it
is marked as importance not checked except if it is marked as sensitivity
except if it is flagged for action not checked not checked except where my name
is in the Cc box not checked except if my name is in the To or Cc box not
checked except where my name is not in the To box not checked except if sent to
people or public group not checked except if the body contains specific words
not checked except if the subject or body contains specific words not checked
except if the message header contains specific words not checked except with
specific words in the recipient's address not checked except with specific
words in the sender's address not checked except if assigned to category
category Step 2: Edit the rule description (click an underlined value) Apply
this rule after the message arrives from
email-clients-with-screen-read...@yahoogroups.com
<mailto:email-clients-with-screen-readers%40yahoogroups.com>  > and sent to
email-clients-with-screen-read...@yahoogroups.com
<mailto:email-clients-with-screen-readers%40yahoogroups.com>  > and on this
computer only play Windows Notify.wav and move it to the
email-clients-with-screen-readers folder and stop processing more rules Cancel
< Back Next > Finish Again, you can go to the next button and press enter.

7. now you're presented with the final screen;

Rules Wizard
Finish rule setup.
Step 1: Specify a name for this rule
email-clients-with-screen-read...@yahoogroups.com
<mailto:email-clients-with-screen-readers%40yahoogroups.com>  > Step 2:
Setup rule options Run this rule now on messages already in
"email-clients-with-screen-readers..."
You need to check this box
Turn on this rule
this box should be checked,
Create this rule on all accounts
Step 3: Review rule description (click an underlined value to edit) Apply this
rule after the message arrives from
email-clients-with-screen-read...@yahoogroups.com
<mailto:email-clients-with-screen-readers%40yahoogroups.com>  > and sent to
email-clients-with-screen-read...@yahoogroups.com
<mailto:email-clients-with-screen-readers%40yahoogroups.com>  > and on this
computer only play Windows Notify.wav and move it to the
email-clients-with-screen-readers folder and stop processing more rules Cancel
< Back Next > Finish Now, tab to finish and press enter.

The rule and conditions will be applied.
The messages will be moved from the inbox to they're respective folder, where
the message/rule/folder/filter has been created.

Let me know if this was helpful.