I hope you can get it to work. Whatw format is your image file in?

Take care and good luck reading your letter!

Doris

At 09:47 PM 1/25/2012 -0500, you wrote:
I have "Text Cloner", Could I somehow use it to read an e mail that is an image? I wouldn't know how to get Text cloner to view the image since it works from the printer/scanner.

Rich
----- Original Message ----- From: "Dan Rossi" <d...@andrew.cmu.edu>
To: <jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Wednesday, January 25, 2012 10:10 AM
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] Scan to text?

They can scan the document and send the image file to you. If you have an older version of Microsoft Office you can do the OCR from within Word. If you have a newer version of Microsoft Office you can use Microsoft OneNote to do the OCR.

If you have neither, but have JAWS 13, you can try the Convenient OCR package for JAWS.

If you have none of the above, you can try submitting the image to one of the free on-line OCR engines.

--
Blue skies.
Dan Rossi