That is just a temp fix and will not stay.

At 05:43 PM 1/26/2012, you wrote:
Miriam, you should be able to set punctuation to some, most, all or none through the Quick Settings in JAWS 13.

Open this with the insert key and v. When it opens you will be in the edit box. In the edit box start typing the word punctuation. When JAWS says punctuation, arrow down once. You can cycle through the various punctuation levels by hitting the spacebar. When you get the choice you want, then hit the tab key to okay and hit enter. You should be able to do this in any program you have open. I have not paid much attention to punctuation on my personal computer, so I don't know how reliable JAWS is once this setting is changed, but that is how to change it in any given program.

Joni

-----Original Message----- From: Miriam Vieni
Sent: Thursday, January 26, 2012 11:27 AM
To: jaws users list
Subject: [JAWS-Users] Punctuation, jaws 13 win7, also magic 11

It seems to me that in "the good old days" Jaws 10 and before, I had jaws
settings which allowed me to hear full punctuation in word and no
punctuation when I read emails or articles from the web.  I was working in
those days and writing adoption home study reports and I needed to hear all
that punctuation, but I didn't need to hear it if I was reading an article
or an email.  Now, it seems that even if punctuation is set to "none", I
still hear it when reading emails and articles from the web.  Is this
everyone's experience?  Am I doing tomsething wrong?

Miriam