Hi everyone:

I'm starting a new medical transcription job and finding myself in need of a
new computer.  I will be running a transcription platform, which handles
downloading and playing of audio plus the word processing part of transcription
of that same audio.  The minimum requirements are for a core 2 duo processor
with 3 gigs of ram 32 bit, or 4 gigs with 64 bit.  I realize running jaws ups
these requirements somewhat if I don't want to have lags and sluggishness.

Can I get any suggestions for just how much processor speed and ram I should
spring for?  Should I just go all out and get as much power and memory as I can
afford?  Is anybody using JAWS with a solid state drive, and what's the
performance there like?  Any configurations I should avoid?  Should I go
desktop or laptop?

I have JAWS 13 and will be using the Windows 7 home version.

Thanks in advance and thanks for having me on the list.

Kim