Hello Joy,

I think maybe what is happening is that jaws activates the list box when you enter it and then if you pressed the space bar it deactivates the list box so if you try all the steps without the first step of pressing the space bar it may work. Good luck, hope this helps.

Ryan

-----Original Message----- From: Joy Cyr
Sent: Thursday, February 23, 2012 11:47 PM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: [JAWS-Users] Multiple Selection in A List Box Problems

Good day,
Below I've pasted the excellent instructions which up until now have always worked. However, on one page in one box when I press the space bar nothing is selected, and when I attempt to save my selections it shows up as nothing having been chosen. I've now gone through the same steps several times, ... refreshed the page, and deleted my browsing history, ... anything else I can try? Or is there something I don't know about?

Thank you for any help.

Sincerely,
Joy

select multiple items in an extended list box
when performing the following steps,
To make multiple selections in an extended list box:

navigate to the extended list box and press enter to turn on forms mode .

Press SHIFT+F8 to turn on Multi-Select mode.

Use your UP and DOWN ARROW to move through the list, and press SPACEBAR to
make your appropriate selections.

Press SHIFT+F8 to turn off Multi-Select mode again when you have all the
desired items selected. Note:  You can now proceed to complete the form.

Please take a few moments to browse and enjoy
my original artwork at:
www.tigerfeathers.ca