This question intrigued me.  After all, I should be able to figure this out,
right?  But I couldn't, so I had to google
"shrink to page" word 2010, and I found out why I couldn't figure it out.
Here is a synopsis of the responses:

--begin excerpt from web pate:
http://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/shrink-page-2010-a-t3948039.html
Is there still a "shrink 1 page" option in 2010 Word? If so, where?

Yes, it's available in the Customize Quick Access Toolbar and
Customize Ribbon command lists, in the All Commands category.

Is it not still on the toolbar in Print Preview?

Yes, it's there -- but. In Word 2010, there's a non-editable print
preview in the Print tab of the File (a.k.a. "Backstage" pane), which
has no ribbon/toolbar. In order to get the editable print preview,
which does have a ribbon, you have to add the Print Preview Edit Mode
button to the Quick Access Toolbar or to a custom group on the ribbon.
This is almost completely "undiscoverable" and is going to need a page
at mvps.org.

--end excerpt from web page

So I looked, and in the Customize Keyboard dialog, under All Commands, there
is a Print Preview Edit command.  Once you assign it to a keystroke, and use
that keystroke in a document, you have the old print preview which contains
the One Page button and which you can dismiss with the escape key.  Not sure
it's worth doing, but I guess it's nice to know one can do it.

Dean