From: jaws-users-list-boun...@jaws-users.com
[mailto:jaws-users-list-boun...@jaws-users.com] On Behalf Of Joni Colver
Sent: Monday, March 05, 2012 3:20 PM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] Using JART to create and save documents in MS
Wordformat

I would assume this is true, but I can't verify it from personal knowledge.
I have only opened Word 2000 documents with Jarte and I have not shared any
of those with anyone with other word processors.  I feel at this point I can
use Jarte and not shell out the bucks for Word 2010.  The only reason I
would buy Word 2010 is if I got a different job that required me to use it
for a transcription platform.  I have found Jarte to be a nice program and
it has saved me some money by not purchasing Word 2010 when I got my new
Windows 7 computer a couple of months ago.  The website also mentions that
it works well with screen readers, and it is nice to see something like that
when investigating a new piece of software.

Joni