To: <jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Wednesday, April 11, 2012 1:54 PM
Subject: [JAWS-Users] Uverse Settings

BlankOk, I have to make a bit of a correction. Apparently, with the new Inbound.att.net and Outbound.att.net settings, it doesn't matter what your ultimate mail domain is with UVerse. Just make sure to put in your complete email address as instructed below from AT&T.

Note: AT&T's POP/SMTP settings have recently changed to inbound.att.net and outbound.att.net. However, if you are using the old settings, they will continue
to work.

The following mail server settings will work with all AT&T email domains: @ameritech.net, @att.net, @bellsouth.net, @flash.net, @nvbell.net, @pacbell.net,
@prodigy.net, @sbcglobal.net, @snet.net, @swbell.net, @wans.net.

table with 2 columns and 7 rows
Email Program Settings Field:
Enter:
Incoming (POP)
inbound.att.net
Outgoing (SMTP)
outbound.att.net(requires authentication)
Incoming mail server:
POP3
Incoming/Outgoing User Name:
Full AT&T email address, including domain (e.g., t...@att.net, t...@bellsouth.net)
Incoming mail port #:
995, secure connection (SSL) checked
Outgoing mail port #
465, secure connection (SSL) checked
table end

Note: When updating the secure server settings, check the SSL check box first and then update the port number if necessary.

Back to my instructions ...

Checking the SSL box will automatically change your port to 995. Verify that before you save the account.

Under the servers tab using Outlook Express, after you enter the password, make sure the first box using secure password authentication is not checked, but check the second box Server requires authentication.

Take my advice, I don't use it anyway.

Steve
Lansing, MI