To: <jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Saturday, May 12, 2012 9:12 PM
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] num lock and off

sugar,

there is a setting in the first run dialog (and therefore in the settings tree/dialog) that turns the num lock off at startup of jaws by default, this may be what keeps switching it, although on an xp machine it does this initially but not at random if i turn num lock on, it stays on until i reboot or i turn it off.

that initial setting could be at fault, or if your using a netbook, there is on some a overriding set of settings built into the f keys and sometimes other keys on them that could be at fault as well. a third thing is if your using a multi media keyboard that requires its own software, that could cause troubles.

hope one of my musings helps you find your problem!
inthane
. Moderator, Blind Access Help.
. Owner: Alacorn Computer Enterprises
www.alacorncomputer.com