From: jaws-users-list-boun...@jaws-users.com
[mailto:jaws-users-list-boun...@jaws-users.com] On Behalf Of Brian Lee
Sent: Wednesday, June 20, 2012 12:16 AM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] JAWS Not Saying Attachment

Hi Donnie,

If you have maximized the window and adjusted the various panes and JAWS is
still not announcing the attachments, you might want to make sure that
Outlook is using the attachment icon.  When in your list of messages use Alt
followed by V followed by V to move into the view settings.  (If using the
virtual ribbon then use Alt+V followed by V, right arrow into the submenu
and down to the View Settings item and press enter to open the dialog box.
Use Alt+C to open the Columns dialog.  Tab to the list labeled "show these
columns in this order."  Use down arrow and see if Attachments is shown just
before the "From" item.  If the "attachment" choice is not in the list then
use shift+tab to the "Available columns" list and use up or down arrow until
you find the Attachments choice.  Tab to the Add button and use spacebar.
You can then tab into the "Show these columns in this order" list and find
the Attachments choice.  You can then tab to the "move up" or "move down"
buttons and use them until the Attachments item is near the top of the list.
It is usually just before the From item.  Use the OK button when done.

You should then go back into the view settings by using Alt followed by V
followed by V and then use Alt+M to open the Format Columns dialog.  If
using the virtual ribbon then use Alt+V followed by V, right arrow into the
submenu and open the View Settings dialog box.  Use Alt+M to open the Modify
Columns box.   Find Attachment in the Available Columns list and tab to the
Format combo box.  If "icon" is not the option being used then use up or
down arrow key in this combo box and select the icon option.  Tab to OK and
use spacebar.

Take care.

Brian Lee
brianl...@charter.net