Using JAWS 13 (not the latest build), IE 8, Windows XP, I had no trouble with the login screen, However, I did have to do a screen refresh when dealing with some of the search combo boxes. I could go in and easily select something in one of the combo boxes, but if I exited the combo box, then went back into it, the arrow keys would not speak as I moved through the combo box. If I did a screen refresh, the arrow keys would immediately start talking again.

--
Blue skies.
Dan Rossi