3. . Run disk defragmenter.
4. Do a system restore to before the problem began. Did you install anything new?

Good luck!

At 10:01 AM 8/18/2012, you wrote:

I do not think your laptop is to old.
1. Have you tried rebooting?
2. If you have, and Jaws is still behaving oddly,  then  you might try
running a repair of jaws in the event something got changed or corrupted.
John

-----Original Message-----
From: jaws-users-list-boun...@jaws-users.com
[mailto:jaws-users-list-boun...@jaws-users.com] On Behalf Of Maheen
Sent: Saturday, August 18, 2012 10:34 AM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: [JAWS-Users] urgent help needed please

Folks, since today, all of a sudden when I boot my PC, jaws takes forever to
run. It now takes almost a minute to say, jaws for windows is ready, but
here's the thing. It doesn't even say, jaws for windows is ready. Instead it
says, jaws, u. It says jaws u quite frequently now instead of jaws for
windows is ready. This is certainly odd. Also, I get this error message with
Easy CD DA Extractor when I try to rip a CD. I wonder whether it could be
the age of my laptop? I got it in 2009. It's a windows vista 64 bit dell
machine.