Hi All,

I would like the windows ding sound to play when I open a document with Word
2010 like it does in Word 2002.  I have checked the sound & animation boxes
in tools & options.  In Sounds, I have the ding sound set to play for the
process is complete task but, I still don't get the ding sound when I open a
document.  I have tested this task sound & found it's the correct 1.  The
Sounds file was installed & when testing the particular, ding.wav,
sound, that I chose for the process complete task, it
played just fine.  I don't know what I'm missing!  I'm running Windows7 Pro
64 Bit, Office 2010, & J13 latest.  All help will be greatly appreciated &
graciously accepted.  Thank you all very much.  Take care.

P.S., 1 caveat:  When I open an Excel worksheet the sound plays, just not
when opening a Word doc!
Mike