My question is with all these new commands, will those of us who don't plan
to migrate to 8 just yet still be able to use what we know or will the new
command structure affect us also?

I ask because at work I am supposed to get 13 in the next few months and
they won't change once that is installed for several years.  If 14 runs with
7 and I assume it will, and I have it and later versions on my home computer
will I be constantly having to readjust from one system to the next.

Part of the problem here is that someone had to script a lot to make the
programs I now use work for me and will not want to script for 14 even if I
were to insist and the hospital is paying for his expertise.  I only hope he
allows me to completely turn off help messages once I am familiar with what
we have in 13 as I can't do it now, have tried by changing verbosity to
advanced and still I keep hearing "for help press jaws key F1..."  and after
four years of that 40 hours a week I am heartily sick of it.  If I were
brave, and I am not, I'd open up the scripts and put apostrophes in front of
those lines.  However, this was a huge project several years ago and I have
not wanted to get inside there.

Word is my Word processor and there were no scripts needed there but the
rest of the program does not seem to work well and in many places at all
without the bundle.

I can modify a script, even write a small one but would never tackle
anything of the magnitude we are discussing here.

Rose Combs
roseco...@q.com