I have a very good and accessible local dictionary that I run on XP. It's websters unabridged dictionary by random house. Unfortunately, I doubt it is still available in ther version I use (version 3.0). Maybe it is still around in an updated version and still accessible. That's alot of maybes I know, but search for it and see.

----- Original Message ----- From: "John R Vaughn" <jrvaugh...@comcast.net>
To: <jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Friday, October 19, 2012 12:37 PM
Subject: [JAWS-Users] Jaws friendly Encyclopedia

List, I like physically having an encyclopedia on my computer as a reference
source.  I tried downloading and using the Encyclopedia Britannica my
sighted wife uses on her computer, but Jaws did not work with the program.

So, I am looking to purchase if necessary, an download the this program, an
encyclopedia that works with Jaws.

I know I can access such references on line, but I want an encyclopedia that
does not require me to be on line for those many times when I am traveling
and notable to be on line.

Has anyone had any such luck in finding a jaws friendly encyclopedia?

Thank you for any input.

John