I'm not saying that everyone should run out and download Fire Fox and start using it exclusively. I have both browsers on my machines.

A week or so ago, I was trying to get into some site and the audio CAPTCHA was absolutely impossible. I tried many times to listen to it, cranked up the volume, but no joy.

I didn't have FF on that particular box. It took me less than 15 minutes to download FF, install it, add the WebVisum plug-in, and kick some CAPTCHA butt. FF is not some big scary, completely unfamiliar program. It works a whole lot like IE.

Another little story. A buddy of mine is experimenting and learning a new to him web programming language called AJAX. He wanted to make sure that his final product would be accessible to me. He wrote a very basic little web page and asked me to check it out. IE is my default browser and I went over to the page but couldn't make it do what he expected. He tried it on another machine, without adaptive tech, and using IE. No joy for him either. So, I fired up fire fox, went to the page, and it behaved perfectly well.

It's always good to have multiple tools in your tool box. Even if you just install FF to defeat the occasional CAPTCHA, better to have that available than to not get passed a stupid CAPTCHA when you need to.

--
Blue skies.
Dan Rossi