Try the schemes with insert alt s, then arrow up to attributes.

-----Original Message-----
From: JAWS-Users-List [mailto:jaws-users-list-boun...@jaws-users.com] On
Behalf Of Jerry Martin
Sent: Wednesday, December 05, 2012 9:30 AM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: [JAWS-Users] MS Word and Emphasized words

To all Listers:

Please forgive the sometimers if this has been discussed before.  I am
needing to know how to set JAWS to read words, in MS Word 2007, that are
emphasized by italics.  I looked under the JAWS verbosity settings and could
not find what I am looking for.  Any help will be accepted with an attitude
of thanks.  I am using Windows Vista, 32 bit system, and JAWS version 11.

Jerry