I think I'd remove all shared components, in that situation.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Alan Robbins" <arobb...@nycap.rr.com>
To: <jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Sunday, January 13, 2013 2:56 PM
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] Installing previous versions of JAWS

Rick, Flor, Dave, & Trish

Thanks for all your responses. To sum all of this up the whole thing
began with issues opening attachments in Outlook. I have Office 2010
and what used to happen, at least in JAWS 13, an attachment would open
in protected view.  JAWS would automatically  announce this and you
could either proceed to read the document with any standard JAWS
reading command or you could hit F6 and arrow down to a button that
would enable editing. I can't remember if this worked with earlier
releases of JAWS 14 (believe it did) but it definitely does not with
JAWS 14.0.1037. I wrote to FS support and they claim this Is not an
issue with JAWS 14 but something with my machine. I don't agree as it
worked fine with JAWS 13 on this machine. Anyway I followed their
instructions to repair JAWS14  and a couple of other things and the
problem persists. I should mention that the attachment will open it is
just JAWS will not read it unless you invoke the JAWS cursor and read
with that which is not an efficient way of doing things. So, after
doing the complete repair and other associated tasks with JAWS 14 that
FS suggested JAWS 13 would not open and handle the attachments anymore
either. So, to make a long story short I want to remove all old stuff
and put JAWS back fresh. I want 13 and 14 on the machine. Will I get
the best results removing all shared components as well or will
leaving them not affect a clean reinstall?

I should also mention I have Open Book installed to so removing shared
components may affect that too.

So, I am open to suggestions to get the computer back to basic working
with Office attachments.

Al