Heyya folks & thanks for taking time to read this. I'm having a real issue this
evening & I've hunted & tried most every thing. I purchased & installed an
Audio Technica ATR 2100 Mic wich is both a USB & XLR Mic, that also has a
headphone jack on the back of it for monitoring your output audio from the mic.
The issue came in when I installed the mic. The mic changed my output device to
that particular device. I was able to change everything back to my Real Teck HD
output device through control panel. However, JAWS remains coming out the
headphone jack of the mic. I've tried the steps outlined here.
Editing the jfw.ini file:

  1.. Using My Computer or Windows Explorer, browse your hard drive to the
currently running version of JAWS and find the jfw.ini file in that folder.
  2.. Press ENTER to open.
  3.. You should find some lines that read:

    a.. Synth1Name=eloq
    b.. Synth1LongName=Eloquence for JAWS
    c.. Synth1Driver=eloq

    The number doesn't matter, it may be 1, 2, or 3, but it must be the same
for all entries for Eloquence.

  4.. Add the following line after the driver line: Synth1Port=SB Live! Wave
Device. Of course, you need to make sure that the synth number matches the
other lines, so that if the Driver line read "Synth3Driver=eloq" then the port
line would read "Synth3Port=SB Live! Wave Device"

  The text after the = sign in the Port line comes from Control Panel/Sound &
Multimedia/Audio tab. It must be one of the entries that can be chosen for
Preferred Playback device.

  5.. Save your changes and exit Notepad. So, mine now looks like this.
  6.. [Synthesizers]
  Synth1Name=eloq
  Synth1LongName=Eloquence Software
  Synth1Driver=eloq
  Synth1Port=SB Live! Wave Device

  7.. Again, still no JAWS from my speakers, any help would be greatly
appreciated. Also when I take the device out & reconnect it, I once again have
to change my sounds back in control panel. Look forward to hearing from someone
soon. I'm as stated in the subject line running Windows XP SP3 & JAWS 9.