Thanks for this info.

-----Original Message-----
From: JAWS-Users-List [mailto:jaws-users-list-boun...@jaws-users.com] On
Behalf Of Gerald Levy
Sent: Tuesday, February 05, 2013 5:55 PM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] Can i use adobe reader xi with jaws version 11?

Funny you should ask because I just installed Adobe Reader XI myself today,
and it seems to work fine with JAWS  9 running XP, so it should work with
JAWS 11.  But after you install Adobe Reader XI, you will need to make two
changes so that JAWS will work smoothly with it.

1.  First, after you install Adobe Reader XI, launch it from your desktop
and access the Preferences dialog either by pressing Control-K or going to
the Edit menu and scrolling down to Preferences.  On Preferences, arrow down
the list of options to Security Enhanced, tab to the check box labeled
"Enable Protected Mode at Start-Up" and make sure that it is unchecked.
Then tab to the Okay button to save your change.
2.  Second, go to the Edit menu, scroll down to the Accessibility submenu
and open it.  Arrow down to the Set-Up Assistant and select it.  The Set-Up
Assistant consists of five screens, but you need not change anything on the
first four screens.  When you get to screen 5 of 5, tab to the check box
labeled "Open PDF Documents In the Browser" and make sure that it is
unchecked. (It may be checked by default)  Then tab to the Okay button and
finally close Adobe Reader.  These two changes will make Reader more
compatible with JAWS.  HTH

Gerald