Rick,

What I like about the win key+ f is no matter where one is at, they can get the file they are looking for. Example, if in O E or the desktop or on the internet, I can bring up the spreadsheet , or document I am looking for without closing from the window I am in. Alt tab will bring me from the document I open back to where I was.
RJ
----- Original Message ----- From: "Rick Justice" <ricjust...@jaws-users.com>
To: <jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Monday, February 18, 2013 9:40 PM
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] Invoking The Control + F Keystroke

Interesting, I have always used the Control + F keysroke to open the Windows
Search.
I don't usually browse for a location from the search dialogue, I open the
search from within the folder I am wanting to search.
When using this method, the only difference I find, is that if I Alt F4 the
search window
after using the Control + F to open it, it also closes the folder  from
which I was searching.
This is not the case using the Windows + F  keystroke to open the search
dialogue.
Using either keystroke  here, seems to yield the same results.
The only time I use the Jaws find command, Insert + Control + F, is on the
internet.

Rick Justice
----- Original Message ----- From: "Flor Lynch" <florl...@iol.ie>