From: "jim" <buckeye...@wowway.com>
To: <jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Wednesday, April 24, 2013 9:29 PM
Subject: [JAWS-Users] jump list in windows 7

Hi David:

thanks for the recording.

You asked the question, what are jump list?

Let me explain for example if you pin Microsoft word to the taskbar, and
then open an existing document and then close it.

go to the taskbar and right arrow across it till you come to the Microsoft
word icon, press the application key to see the jump list.

the document you just opened and closed will show up here in a list, you can
arrow down to it and press the applications key again and press the pin this
document to the jump list and it will pin it to the list for you.

this is a easy way to have automatic shortcuts to your most used programs,
folders, files, and websites.

Let's say that your Microsoft word is the fourth item on the task bar,
pressing windows key+4 will take you to the new document. However, pressing
windows key+ALT+4, will open the jump list of documents you have pinned
there, just up or down arrow to the document and press enter.

This is a cool shortcut to get to different things such as programs that you
have pinned to the taskbar.

You can do the same with IE, say it is the first item on the taskbar.

Press windows key+1, this will open IE.

However, pressing windows key+ALt+1, opens a recent jump list of websites,
just arrow down to the ones you use the most and press the applications key
and go to pin this website to this jump list and it will remain there.

So after you pin several favorite sites to the IE jump list.

Just press windows key+ALT+1, and the list of your favorite sites will be
there, just press enter on the one you want.

I hope this makes since to you.

Let me know if I can help...

Jim

God bless...