The fact is the ladies' post was held for moderation for some reason or
another and as such did not get posted until one of us myself in this case
approved it.

Yes normally messages are posted rather quickly when they are not held by
the server for approval. In this case it had to wait before being allowed to
proceed on to the list. This is the case for all new members or whenever a
person changes their email address as they are then treated as a new member.

I believe most of you would agree this is a better practice then leaving the
list wide open so that some shall we say less than reputable person could
subscribe post some off color statement without the worry of being blocked.

Trust me we have seen our share of such things come across our collective
desks but you the membership are protected from such things.

It makes more work for us up front but in the long run I believe it has
solved more problems than it has caused.

I am sad to say though it is catching up with me after running one list or
another for over 8 and a half years I am strongly considering hanging it up.
We'll go for a little while yet but unfortunately for all of us the time is
coming. I know many of you benefit from what comes across here myself very
much included, and there is a definite need for such a group.

Never the less that is probably more information than any of you wanted to
hear so early in the morning but you were all wondering if blind computing
was out of business and the rest of this message just seemed to flow out of
my fingers without my planning it.
David Ferrin
A complex system that does not work is invariably found to have evolved from
a simpler system that worked perfectly.