From: Brian Lee
Sent: Saturday, May 18, 2013 8:01 PM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] Fw: Jas 14 64 and skype 6.2 in Windows 8 64

Hello Teresa,

I am not sure if you are importing a windows address book file or a comma separated value file (.WAB or .CSV). The process is slightly different for each of them. For the >WAB file when you browse to it and use the Open button the import starts immediately. For the .CSV file, after using the Open button, you tab to the Next button and use spacebar. In the resulting window there will be a list of 24 items that can be checked or unchecked. Use up and down arrow keys in the list to move between items and spacebar to check or remove checkmarks from fields. If the field is checked, it will be included in the import. If you find a field in the list that is not checked and you want it included then press spacebar. For example, if the Email Address field is not checked then press spacebar to check the field. The Change Mapping dialog might appear and you should use down arrow until you find the entry for Email address to map it. If the Change Mapping dialog appears and you choose the field from the list and tab one time you will get a checkbox that should be checked for importing that field. Tab to the OK button and use spacebar to dismiss the Change Mapping dialog if you had to use it. Tab to the Finish button and use it to start the import.

If you still have a problem then perhaps there is something wrong with the exported file.

I would offer to help you through tandem but unfortunately I am not bilingual in Spanish and English. If you can't get it working feel free to contact me off list at the Email address shown below and I'll try to help. My daughters are fluent in Spanish.

Take care.

Brian Lee
brianl...@charter.net