From: JAWS-Users-List [mailto:jaws-users-list-boun...@jaws-users.com] On
Behalf Of Steve
Sent: 21 June 2013 06:35 PM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] DISABLING THE LAPTOP TOUCH PAD

I don't know about your laptop, but on mine I was able to disable it by
going to the control panel, under devices, Mouse and Touchpad, I found a
choice to disable it.  Then, wait until a sighted mouse-dependent person
wants to use your computer (grin).

I can't give you exact directions because I am not sure if Win 7 would have
the same layout as my Vista laptop, especially since I set up my Vista in
classic view.

Another alternative is to cut out a thin piece of cardboard and tape it over

the touchpad. You'd want to use something about the thickness of what they
use for sending stuff in mailers that they don't want to bend.

Take my advice, I don't use it anyway.

Steve
Lansing, MI