From: JAWS-Users-List [mailto:jaws-users-list-boun...@jaws-users.com] On
Behalf Of Scott Duck
Sent: Tuesday, July 2, 2013 11:01 AM
To: Jaws List
Subject: [JAWS-Users] Problem With Jaws After Removing Visual C++ 2005 and
2010

Hi everyone,

First of all, I have contacted FS tech support about this but, while I am
waiting on them to get back to me, I am hoping that someone on the list will
have some suggestions.

I have never gotten FS Reader to run on this Windows 8 machine.  I contacted
FS about the problem.  They told me that I needed to remove all versions of
Visual C++ redistributable 2005 and 2010 and then do a repare of my JAWS
installation and then, possiably, reinstall FS reader.  I asked them if
removing these Visual C components would potentially cause any problems and
they assured me that it would not.

I attempted to remove all versions of Visual C++ Redistributable 2005 and
2010, as instructed.  There were two or three components of both the 2005
and 2010 versions of Visual C listed.  I was able to remove all of them
accept for the last component of the 2010 version.  When I tried to remove
that one, I got an error message from Windows Installer saying that the
program could not run because MSVCR100.DLL is missing from my computer.  I
restarted the computer and, when it restarted, JAWS would not run.  I
thought that JAWS not running at this point might just be part of the whole
process and so I started Narrator and proceeded with the JAWS repair, using
my iPhone to read the instructions in the E-mail from FS tech support.
However, the JAWS repair would not run.  I got a error message saying
something about it not being able to install components.  I was not able to
review the message to copy it down because I do not use Narrator very much
and so I am not familior with it.

I am typing this using NVDA and I would very much like to get back to JAWS.
It appears to me that removing the Visual C++ Redistributable 2005 and 2010
components caused some problems.  JAWS will not run and the JAWS repair will
not run.  Do any of you have any idea what has gone wrong and how to fix it?
Do you suppose that doing a system roll back might help?  Any thoughts are
much appreciated.

Thanks,

Scott Duck